Sunday, March 7, 2010

So why this place rather than a hotel?

Why rent my apartment rather than a hotel or B and B? A number of reasons. From the top:

1. I, quite simply, have the best location in the entire city, on a beautiful tree lined street in the Plateau between Parc LaFontaine and Ave du Mont-Royal. If you want the true flavor of the city, away from the tourist crowds of Vieux Montreal or the bustle of the cheesy stores and high rises of St. Catherine, you'll find it here.

2. You'll not only have room to spread out in my 800 square ft. flat, but it will be less expensive than a hotel or B and B. A three star hotel is currently selling for $77 on Hotwire, a four star $95. Add fees and you're at $95 or $115. Now add another $20 for parking and, if you desire, another $13 for Internet, and you're paying considerably more for a sterile, charm-challenged hotel room than you would a 1932 flat on a quiet street.

3. I've added a few amenities that I wouldn't have just for myself. There's cable TV in the place, including the Burlington channels. And there's a landline that includes unlimited calling the Canada and the US.

4. I've come to know Montreal quite well over the last few years and, if there's anything you want/need to know, I'm more than happy to share whatever information I can with you. I'm also leaving quite a few Montreal publications around the flat for you to enjoy and digest, including the latest edition of Sarah Musgrave's book, Resto A-G0-G0: 180 Cheap and Fun Places to Eat and Drink in Montreal, a printout of AJ Kinik's The One and Only AEB Montreal Food Guide, a copy of Cycling in Quebec, for those interested in riding this wonderful city, and a copy of the March 2007 issue of Gourment magazine, which featured Montreal.

Here are links to a couple of photo albums that I've posted on Facebook. The first is pictures of the flat itself, the second of restaurants on a four block stretch of Ave. du Mont-Royal between the flat and the nearest Metro stop.

The flat is now fully furnished and ready to share. While I'm planning to occupy it 10-12 nights a month, it's going to be available at least two weekends a month and even more often during the week. I'm quite flexible as to when I'm going to use it, so if you want it, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment